There is nothing quite like a dose of seasonal depression or whatever you want to call this bout of blues many of us are experiencing these days to make your day suck. And I’ve had some sucky days lately.
Over the last month or so, I’ve been consumed by feelings of sadness and exhaustion. I’ve been wanting to hide or, better yet, hibernate for the next few months so that I don’t have to deal with life and this crippling desperate state I’ve been in. It’s been overwhelming and I’m tired of feeling this way. I want to get out of the hole. I want to take a full breath of air and feel like I can do this, like I can do anything!
So in a desperate act of trying to fight this headless monster, I’d like manifest my love for the many things that bring joy, smile, things that make my soul happy,
Finding Grace in Every Day
Today I am thankful for:
- The rain! Especially at night, when the house is peaceful and quiet and you can hear it’s soft, rhythmical drumming on the roof. It’s peaceful and magical.
- Watching my kids sleep.
- Fresh baguette roll.
- The fact that my 4yo son who jumped/slid/flipped the other day twisting his body so unnaturally I almost died inside was unscathed, which was short of a Christmas miracle!
- Those moments when my hubby takes my hand into his and we glimpse and smile at each other without saying a word.
- That feeling right before you fall asleep.
- Listening to my son read.
- That first sip of coffee in the morning. And then the second, less rushed one, with which you get to fully appreciate the taste.
- That perfect moment when the house is finally quiet after an exhausting day.