It’s been a little bit difficult to be grateful these days. Lost opportunities, lost jobs, lost income, lethargic economy, cold winter… but enough with the negatives. These days I try to remind myself that we are fine, healthy and together and that’s all that matters.
Sometimes watching news helps too – there’s just so much bad shit happening out there it’s impossible not to feel like we’re the lucky ones.
Finding Grace in Every Day #6
Today I am thankful for:
- That feeling when I wake up only to find my mom busy in the kitchen, making the whole house smell like pancakes.
- Not gaining ton of weight despite my obvious lack of self-control when it comes to M&Ms.
- Knowing that winter will end soon.
- My son’s transformation into this goofy, funny, happy pre-teen I can hardly recognize.
- My husband’s love.
- Grandma’s recipe for the most tasty home made bread I will ever eat.
- Long baths.
- Catching up on favorite tv shows while taking long baths.
- Running into an old friend in a grocery store.
- My child shouting “No, I love you more, more, more” as I tickle him endlessly.
- Those moments when everything is peaceful and in order.
- My electric heater.
- That even during the most chaotic moments I am happy with the way things are.